The Erasmus+ project Multicultural Care in European Intensive Care units, MICE-ICU (2016-2018) resulted in a specialized and accredited e-learning course on multicultural care dedicated to nurses working in intensive care environments.
It offers real, interactive e-learning. The syllabus and the course are endorsed by the European federation of Critical Care Nurses associations (EfCCNa).
- Entry test of knowledge ·
- MODULE I: Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- MODULE II: Culturally diverse patients in health care environment ·
- MODULE III: Speciﬁcs when caring for culturally diverse patients on ICU wards ·
- Ending test of knowledge
The e-learning course is available on the MICE-ICU website https://lms.mice-icu.eu/
i.VEN.T.PRO - the invasive ventilation teaching project
The European Society of Paediatric Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC), the European Society for Paediatric Research (ESPR) and its neonatal branch, the European Society for Neonatology (ESN), are launching an European-wide project for teaching and standardization of mechanical ventilation in children and neonates. ink to i.VEN.T.PRO
The Maquet NAVA Basic Training
NAVA - Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist - is a mode of ventilation that is optional for the Servo i. NAVA offers assist in proportion to and in synchrony with the patient's EDI signal - the electrical activity of the diapraghm. learn more about NAVA
Hamilton Medical College
HAMILTON MEDICAL COLLEGE is an E-learning website with various learning modules (or courses). It is designed for ventilator users to learn mechanical ventilation and operation of Hamilton ventilators. link to Hamilton Medical College
Patient Safety / Infection Control
The WHO Campaign 'Clean Care is Safer Care'
The goal of Clean Care is Safer Care is to ensure that infection control is acknowledged universally as a solid and essential basis towards patient safety and supports the reduction of health care-associated infections and their consequences.
Hand Hygiene & Standard Precautions to prevent Healthcare associated Infections
The Nursing in Critical Care Virtual Issue about Infection Control
- The AACN Self Assessment Tool on Palliative and End-of-Life Care Management
- European Resuscitation Council (ERC) Guidelines 2015 (Video Summaries)
Acute Kidney Injury
- Acute Kidney Injury for nurses and healthcare support workers: National Institute of Health Care Excellence /March 2014