Joint PS COVID-19 Preparedness & the Urgent Need to Protect Frontline Nurses
March 26, 2020
A joint position statement from the European Federation of Nurses Associations, European federation of Critical Care Nursing Associations and the European Society for Emergency Nursing about COVID-19 Preparedness and the Urgent Need to Protect Frontline Nurses
click on the pic to get linked
COVID-19 guidance on triage for ICU care under resource scarcity
March 25, 2020
Colleagues, you may find this ‘COVID-19 guidance on triage for ICU care under resource scarcity’ useful.
It is available in English, French, German and Italian.
Message from the EfCCNa President and Board of Officers’
March 25, 2020
‘EfCCNa stands united in supporting our critical care colleagues across Europe. Especially, we have our Italian and Spanish colleagues in our thoughts…we need to learn from them how best to cope with COVID-19 while remaining safe both physically and psychologically, because it is already escalating in our countries.
EfCCNa will support you by posting relevant information that may be useful for you. We urge you to please keep in touch by posting comments and we will do everything we can to get information out to you. By working together, we will achieve more!’
Corona Virus - WHO Advices for Nurses
March 20, 2020
Dear EfCCNa Council Members & National Associations
Nurses are core to health delivery and advising the public during this Corona Virus outbreak. We must support each other and ensure we receive the most up to date reliable information.
Here is some of the latest advice from the WHO that will be useful for you.
Prof Bronagh Blackwood
President of EfCCNa
Health care workers
- Infection prevention and control during health care when novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection is suspected Link
- Health workers exposure risk assessment and management in the context of COVID-19 virus Link
- Q&A on infection prevention and control for health care workers caring for patients with suspected or confirmed 2019-nCoV Link
- Rational use of personal protective equipment for corona virus disease (COVID-19) Link
- Advice on the Use of Masks Link
- Home care for patients with suspected novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection presenting with mild symptoms and management of contacts Link
- Water, sanitation, hygiene and waste management for COVID-19 Link
- Guide to local production of WHO-recommended Hand rub Formulations Link
ANIARTI and COVID-19 epidemic
March 9, 2020
The Italian Critical Care Nurses represented by Aniarti are working hard at the moment.
We believe that it is important to share our first impressions and experiences on what we learned in the first days of the COVID-19 epidemic.
It is essential to keep in mind that the rapid evolution of infection clusters can set up an emergency situation in a very short time, without any time to implement appropriate containment measures.
This is why anticipation and planning becomes the key to deal with this epidemic. Link