European federation of Critical Care Nursing associations
click on title to open document
The EfCCNa Competency Tool aims to provide a framework for critical care nursing clinical education and professional development.
The tool has been translated into English, German and Polish to facilitate wider reach and impact.
- EfCCNa Competency Tool for European Critical Care Nurses 2013 (English Version)
EfCCNa Competency Tool for European Critical Care Nurses 2014 (German Version)
EfCCNa Competency Tool for European Critical Care Nurses 2016 (Polish Version)
- The Belfast Declaration - Promoting and Supporting Optimal Critical Care Nursing Practices Worldwide (2017)
- EfCCNa Recommendations on Pain Management in ICU (2017)
- EfCCNa Questionnaire on Critical Care and Critical Care Nursing in Europe (2017)
- Position Statement on the Nurses' Role on Weaning from Ventilation (2012)
- Position Statement on the Presence of Family Members during Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (2007)
- Position Statement on Workforce Requirements within European Critical Care Nursing (2007)
- Position Statement on Critical Care Nursing Education (2004)
British Association of Critical Care Nursing
European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care
- ESPNIC Statement regarding recognition about the relevance of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child for critically ill children and its adaptation for ICU
- ESPNIC Standards for End of Life Care including Organ/Tissue Donation.
AACN Practice Alerts TM
- AACN Practice Alerts are directives that are supported by authoritative evidence to ensure excellence in practice and a safe and human work environment